Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Must refresh to see files on network share? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2002
US
I configured folder redirection to a DFS share for user's profiles. In order for a user to see anything copied to their desktop, they need to manually refresh it first. Does anyone know why, and better yet, how to fix it?

change:

Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Update
Parameter: UpdateMode
Type: string
Description:
Windows will refresh desktop automatically (no need to press F5) if you set this value to 1. Available values are in 1..7.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that's not what I was looking for. That's my fault, as I probably used ambiguous terms.

I did configure GPOs to force folder redirection. The GPO was successfully applied to the workstation (which is what the registry key listed above pertains to). However, the problem that I am having is that when a user saves/creates a file or folder in a redirected folder (i.e. the user's desktop or My Documents), they do not immediately see the file unless they do a manual refresh, or close the Explorer window and reopen it back to that folder location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back