Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Must ISA-Server belong to the domain??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeka77

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
DE
Sounds like a easy question, but i didn´t find any information about this topic. I installed ISA-Server on a machine which dísn´t belong to the domain. Everything is working fine, but Users have to log on to the ISA-Server (i won´ enable the Guest account). What to do? Join ISA Server to the domain or make a second domain and use one-way trust relationship??? Thanx for Info

No ISA doesnt need to be on a domain, but it makes it more difficult if you use Rules to define who is allowed on. You can use it how you currently have it set up and when it asks for username, password and domain. You will need to make them accounts on the stand alone ISA Server. I would suggest making the ISA Server a member of the domain.

If ISA is part of the domain, do I need to creat any group or user name in ISA or just using exising Global group in PDC is fine. Does ISA have default group or account need to setup/disable it before it run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back