Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Must be a simple Shortcode problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradYB

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2004
CA
...But I can't work it out.

We have an IP Office system configured and running VOIP to a Definity switch overseas.

I would like to be able to make calls which are local to the remote definity switch from the IP Office phones via the Definity. I am told this is possible by an Avaya reseller, but he's not familiar with IP Office.

We usually dial a 9 to access a standard outside line.

We dial an 8 and then the user's extension to call users on the definity switch.

Users on the Definity switch also dial a 9 for an outside line.

So, could anyone offer advice on the format of the shortcode and tel. number, etc, that I would configure on the IP Office system, so that the call would route to the Definity, then autodial a 9 and dial the local call ?

Thanks very much in advance,
BradYB.

you coud try the following
SC 8N
TN 9N
feature Dial
ling group id <the ID of your Voip Line)

the imnportant thing is to translate the call at the IPO end so that the deffinity recieves whatever is necesary to place the call
(Im sorry but I do not know the deffinity system)

If I randestund you

Definity->IPO->Definity2 and you want to dial ext 555 on D2 across IPO.
access to D->IPO trunk is 9
access to IPO->D2 trunk is 9

OK.

Make shortcode on D 99555 becouse 9 is first trunk access second 9 is access to another trunk and 555 is ext num.

I have IPO->IPO2->Definity and shortcode on IPO
395633 to dial 5633 ext on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back