Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

fapuzzo

Technical User
May 14, 2001
IT
We have a Definity G3 with music on eeprom and without extension. How can I configure an extension so I can listen the music from a phone ?
Thanks
Francesco

We have asked the same of our Lucent Reps, and for our system at least G3si..that feature is not available. It only plays through a data module for the "Music-on-Hold" feature - it can not be assigned as a station to listen to.

If you have vectoring enabled on your switch you can setup a VDN with a vector in which you program the "music-on-hold" in the wait-time step.

I hope this makes sense.

Rgds,

M.

MKU - Thats a very creative solution, however I'd just like to warn Fapuzzo to be careful of your virtually infinite vector proccessing time. If you are a highly active call center, this feature can severely impact performance & take-up processor occupancy if you leave a lot of people waiting in vector processing all day long.

pbxman,

I assumed that Fransesco was just trying to create a way to check if music-on-hold is still working or not.

Rgds,

M.

MKU - If that is the case (im not sure what Fapuzzo meant either), that solution will work perfectly. I assumed he wanted to listen to the hold music all day as people in my company did.

Hehehehehe..... well that's just sick MUOH all day argh... I get enough of that at our local telecom provider :))

but anyways.......

Thanks MKU and PbxMan.
My real problem is to search a method to listen Music from Genesys (where the strategy stays on). It's also a good idea to use a VDN with a vector looping on music step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back