Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

music source

Status
Not open for further replies.

4940man

Technical User
Mar 1, 2008
CA
I need to connect a music source to a cics and still be able to have the same music source play over speakers as well.Does anyone know how to do this? I just want to get it right the first time and not have to spend a lot of time on it.

To get the music to play on the phones speakers, you will need to check that the background music in turned on within Configuration and I think it's the Misc section.

On the phones, you need to set the music feature to on by using feature 86. i.e.

F 86 = BACKGROUND MUSIC (IF FITTED)
F HASH 86 = CANCEL BACKGROUND MUSIC

Music on hold is usually set to tones and this can be changed with Configuration.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

the mics /cics systems don't have volume control for the music input (just saying for clarity)

take any music source with a volume control and hook to the phone system
use a line on a set and call the main number put yourself on hold
if you hear beeping ,you will need to change the on hold source in programing
if you hear the music ,adjust the volume to make it sound decent on hold

ok now that that is set (DON'T TOUCH THE VOLUME AGAIN)
now take the same source and extend it to your paging amp.
to a volume controlled port ,if the volume is to low for the amp, you will need to get a variable resistor (pot) for the phone system input so that you can turn up the source volume and turn it down into the system

most times the amp can handle it ok

hope this helps

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Only one thing to add to Mike's post- It isn't too hard to blow out a MOH port. Start with your music source turned ALL the way down, then call in and adjust it up.

Once you blow the port, you'll have to swap the cabinet to fix it.

We used to use an isolation transformer (matching transformer 600 ohms) for protection
There was one made by DEES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back