Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdoranjr

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2003
US
Is it possible to have more than one Music on Hold source. I currently use a boom box and play CDs which I change on a routine basis (we don't want people to become bored with the same music). I have 5 different businesses on the switch, but would like to have a different music source one of them. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

bob

If you have tenant partitioning turned on, you administer your music source under "change music source" as opposed to "change system-parameters features".

You could then assign each Business to their own Tenant Partition, and specify unique music sources for each Partition.

That's the only way I can think of.

If you don't have tenant partitioning active on your PBX, you can add additional music on hold sources by using analog ports and adding announcements which you would point to the analog port selected instead of actual recorded announcements. In your vectors, you would use your newly created announcements which points to analog ports for music on hold.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back