Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

egle

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
DE
Hello,

I need to arange music on hold for couple of extensions. Please help me, as know nothing how to create it. Many thanks!!!

Egle

Do you have music on hold (MOH) at all now?

if MOH is new, then each stations' COR determinies if a caller on hold at that station hears the music

So you could implement system-wide MOH but then restrict it in COR so only the "couple of extensions" hear it

for MOH you need a music source with licensed music, a coupler which connects to and AUX circuit pack or analog port, then you put the port number of your music source in page 1 of system-parameters features

Let me know if you need more help

Andy Backs
MVD Communications
andy.backs@mvdcommunications.com

Thank Andy,

Thanks for help!!!

so the situation is like that-
we are multitenant building and one of the companies want music on hold. All I have is Audio Interface unit-one cable end to be pluged into analog port, another -for basic cd player where company place their cd. What are the commands for creating the music source and etc what to do to assign it just to particular extensions.

Greetings, Egle

Egle go to change music source, in there you should have tenant partion numbers associate your music to source two leaving source one for system wide tone. It will have a cor number. creat that cor and apply restrictions as needed.

apply that cor to the music source

change extention who wish to hear music to that cor.

you should notice a lot of music sources so in a business centre enviroment you can rent out upto 20 different music on hold systems

Hope this helps

John Seksi Leitch

If you do not have tenant partioning turned on, you can only have 1 music source. What you can do to restrict other sets from hearing the music, (no pun intended) is to turn on data privacy on their sets. That keeps you from having to create new COR's.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Thanks everyone for help!!!
Egle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back