Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSK5000

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
US
Can anyone tell me how to activate Music On Hold on a Meridian
system........I have the music source connected but I can't seem to find info to enable on the CD provided. Thanks

NEED TO HAVE A MUSIC TRUNK AND ALSO DEFINE A CONF LOOP AND PUT THAT IN THE TRUNK DATA BASE, ALSO YOU NEED TO PUT YES IN RDB ROUTE(S)

How do I access trunk and loop options ?

You will need to build a MUS route in ld 16. This is where you would create your routes (DID, TIE, RAN, etc..)

Then you will need to create trunk members that belong to that route. You will do this in ld 14.

Guys, correct me if I am wrong, but if you are on an multiple network group pbx, you will need a music trunk in each network group.

Also, you build these trunks on Universal Trunk Cards. You will need to make sure you have one of these and then make sure there are ports available to use.

Hope this helps.

John

Thanks John, Is there an access code I need first ? What feature do I use via a 7316E set ? I am really in the dark on this one.........Carl,

You may want to check out the legality of rebroadcasting before implementing Music On Hold. Radio stations and Music industry can be a stickler on this.

If you have a working 7316E phone on the system - it is a Norstar system (at one point everything out of nortel was called a meridian)
Depending on what model you have, there is a cable pair where you need to connect your music source (600 ohm input)

janaya,
I am new to the Meridian's, I can help with the old Comdial's
though. What do you mean by the terms ld14 and ld16 and how do I access them ? I have an ICS system Thanks Carl,

no lds in a norstar ...login as feature **266344 and password

system programming > feature settings
change on hold to music and if you could tell what type of norstar (meridian) it is we can give the cable where u need to punch the music source into

or refer to the faq on wiring details for the norstar

So with the Norsrar Plus NT7B53 I don't need to set routes ?
I have accessed with appropiate passwords and enabled music on hold and background music , I have connected music source to pins 25 and 50 slate-violet pair on block 2 is this correct ? As I still have no music, I have no problem enabling tones on hold ! Thanks

If you have two existing music on hold sources in your PBX how would you display information about these sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back