Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjk165

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
Hi There,

Has anyone ran into an issue with the sound quality for both the internal and External MoH device on the IP Office V2? Our internal default WAV file sounds crackled and I tried switching to a external device and I get the same thing. I used a IPod for the external device and it was worse! Even with being able to adjust the volume, I couldn't find a happy medium to make the music sound decent. Again, the sound comes out crackling and seems to be in a tunnel for sound.

The only documentation I found is this from the knowledge base:

"This port is found on the rear of all IP Office control units. It is used for the input of an external music-on-hold sound source. Note that if the IP Office has loaded an internal music-on-hold sound file, any input from this socket is ignored.

The port is a 3.5mm stereo jack socket suitable for use with the most standard audio leads and connection to the 'headphone' output socket of most audio systems.

The use of a 'headphone' socket allows simple volume adjustment. Connection via a 'Line Out' socket may require additional equipment in order to adjust the volume level.

Pin No.

Description

Common

grndCommon

Left

rxAudio In - Left Channel.

Right

rxAudio In - Right - Channel."

I have tried stereo and mono cords for the external MoH device. No change in the sound. Could it be a bad hardware on the IPO?

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

If you listen to the music on the pod with headphones, does it still sound low, crackle, etc?

If you go to a Avaya phone and simply dial *34 (DO NOT LIFT HANDSET) allow the Music to play over the speaker. Does it crackle?

Are you near a overhead fluorescent light, lighting of any kind, power panel, etc?

Check the type of audio cable that you are using. Make sure it matches the audio jack of the device (STEREO) and that it is a new, not old, abused, damaged cable.

You should be using a 3.5mm STEREO AUDIO CABLE. If you are using any y-cables, adapters, etc. do you know that they are good? Sometimes inferior cables have cheap, thin wire and are non-insulated which allows outside interference.

One thing to note, sometimes the ipods, radios, clock radios, etc. do not have enough power (watts) to properly and clearly play the music. In some cases you have to get a audio booster (about 100.00) to boost the volume

Are you calling in from a cell phone, and putting yourself on hold to listen to the MOH, or as above, have you listened through *34?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back