Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

samelbe

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
US
I need to change a small office edition from a beep on hold to music on hold. I loaded the admin software on my laptop. Now what?

Thanks in advance.

So you're saying you're staring at a white Manager screen and don't know what to do next?

If u hit F1, u can find all the manuals u need.

This can't be answered as you do not tell waht softwareversion is on the SOE.
During different SW versions there are different options for MOH.

I guess you are an absolute newby to IP Office
take the advise and hit help (then index) and if you type in Music then it will walk you through the steps you need to take. Unfortunately it will be the bottom option (Music on Hold Tones) that you want to read up on. Hopefully you have the matching version of Manager loaded or the R6 which is downward compatible to R2.1 and that is the one I went into the help file at.
It is quite simple to do actually and you will find it without any difficulties and learn more than a simple go here do that advice.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Mr. Joe W.,
You are absolutly correct about being a newbe in IP Office. I usually remove them and install Partners or Merlin Magix equipment. This is for a small used car lot with 4 phones and computers. A classic example of technology overkill.

So any help is appreciated, I plan on retiring soon and the company that sold this to him is out of business.
Thanks

That hurts my little heart when I hear people ripping it out to replace it with Partners or even worse Magix. I know that the Magix is quite the box and has stuff that I have never even touched on it after 10 years of basic functions and even call centres but IP Office should not be replaced as it can emulate pretty much any of the other systems.
Your Music on Hold is under the system settings.
You will need to retrieve a configuration from the system which is a status quo of what is happening at that moment (like a backup file on Partners or magix) you then change what you want to change and send it back (either with a merge or an immediate the latter will reboot the system so make sure if it says immediate that you know that). In your case you switch the Music on Hold source to be external (for newer releases)and that will ask you to reboot the system.

I am a bit too young still to retire but I work on my freedom 95 plan as I doubt that i will be able to live of my retirement savings or the government pension but I notice that phones are no longer phones and to troubleshoot you need a network engineer or at least someone that knows networking.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back