Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on hold not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieCurie

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
Hello All-
Music on hold is not working for one my remote sites. The Musack system is working, and there is music coming out of it. There is music on the TNs when the onsite tech tests them. There is even music when he dials the trunk access code. But there is no music when a person is put on hold, or in any of the ACD queues. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

M.Curie

Did you assign the music route in the route data block for the trunk routes ? Also you assign music in each ACD queue that you want music (in ld 23).

The music is assigned in each RDB, as well as each ACD queue. The Musack system needed maintenance a couple days ago, as there was no music coming from there. That has been fixed, but since then, no music on hold. It's very bizarre...this is an old switch, and nothing major has been changed in some time.

Ace,

I checked the CDB, and MUS is turned to YES, with the proper music route number...

Hi

You must prove the TN of music on hold, maybe need a change.

Wolfi

This is an 81C. Wolfi, what do you mean by "prove the TN"?

M.Curie

I mean , you should check the TN , in the TRK card what you use for music on hold.

TN in use , probably is bad.

wolf24 read the post's he said

Hello All-
Music on hold is not working for one my remote sites. The Musack system is working, and there is music coming out of it. There is music on the TNs when the onsite tech tests them. There is even music when he dials the trunk access code. But there is no music when a person is put on hold, or in any of the ACD queues. Does anyone have any ideas?

Have you checked the conference loop assigned to this TN or are you using Music Broadcast.

You are right Riptech you need a conferenceloop to assign
for MOH.
Check that

Greetz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back