Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
Please keep in mind that I recently took over this system and have experienced other issues I had not seen before.

I have three IP500v2 systems in three separate buildings setup as a SCN; call them A, B and C. On system B there is an external MOH device and that system is configured for an external device. It is also the system where all my incoming routes are. Music on Hold is not working on any system and on system C in Sysmon I get a message "WAV Hold Music HoldMusic.wav failed to load". Music on hold must have worked at some point so I don't know if something changed or there is another issue. Two questions: 1. Can MOH work in an SCN with an external device on only one system and 2. Do all systems need to be configured for external device?

Thanks

MoH cannot use a single source on the IP500V2 systems only on server edition

You always get the error message that the HoldMusic.wav did not load either because it is not there, not setup or broken.

If none of the systems have MoH then your external device is not playing otherwise you would get at lease something on that system while the other 2 would have a file they play or the double beep or worst of all silence which is what you have.

You can upload any correctly formatted .wav file into the primary folder and the system will grab it and play if set to use wav file as System Source. If you have an external source for each system then you can use that but the plugs are a little bit tricky sometimes and I have had issues with stereo plugs and had to use Mono ones.
Best is to call *34 from a phone beside the system and plug it in then you can listen if it works.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Westi,

Thanks for your reply. It appears that I had two issues, one was with my external device. I have now fixed that issue, and downloaded a WAV file from "Music on Hold - IPoffice -service website". After coping to my main folder I renamed it to "HoldMusic.wav". Verified my settings in the other system and saved the configuration file. I am now still getting the message "WAV Hold Music HoldMusic.wav failed to load". I am also getting tones, but I think that was going on before - "Created Tone MOH Source 1".

Thanks for the help.

the tone comes on if the system cannot load a HoldMusic.wav file and puts that on instead of silence.

It may need a restart once the file is in the primary folder.

Make sure that the format is correct otherwise it will ignore it, even if downloaded from a site that has it for IPO.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back