Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music On Hold for Merlin Legend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixx1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2006
US
I would like to add music on hold for a legend system. This is what I found:
or

My question is how exactly do you hook this up. Do you just plug it into a empty port and magically it works or does the system have to be configured (if so how?)?

Will this work when ALL users place a call on hold?

search this forum for MOH or music on hold and all will be revealed.

I did a search and a lot came up...seems like every system is different and I didn't see one that corresponds to Merlin Legend.

I did a search for music on hold legend and nothing came up.

MoH is on a line port that needs to be programmed in to the system, this will busy out your system until you are done with it.
the coupler: you feed in the music on the RCA input and you plug the modular into the line port, adjust the volume.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Do you program it as just a regular line extension or is there special MOH programming? I'm not a phone guy so can you please be be specific and detailed.

You probably searched the entire site instead of the Merlin posts only. The way this site works is that any category you are in such as Avaya Merlin Systems will have a search button that has the current forum only chosen as the search scope. You can select other wider areas if you want to but for most things it is not necessary. The search phrase is pretty important so if you choose the defaults in search you will already seach the Merlin forum and do not necessarily need to type the word Merlin or legend or Magix.

MOH or Music On Hold will work nicely in your case. Merlinman provided the goods that you requested anyway but in case the trunk you are trying to use as MOH will not let you change it to MOH try this link that I captured from entering the search phrase MOH.

@merlinman

Do you know why the ATT designers made changing a trunk to MOH a system idle event?

There are so many things I have no idea as to why they did what they did.

I imagine it was like changing from KEY to HYBRID PBX.

A side note, I BEGGED THEM for a 9600 Baud modem.

But did they listen.....................NO

Think about all the time that was spent by the HOT LINE agents looking at all of the ones they dialed into FOR HOURS at 2400.

Hi Guys,
I have a problem as below when I try to configure the MOH.

Menu > System Program > Start > Aux Equip > MOH > System MOH > Enter MOH Line (804).

As soon as I hit Enter after entering line, it shows blank under "Enter MOH Line" and system doesn't take the line number. Please help.

Make sure you remove 804 from the 70 (main co line) pool first. It can't be used for MOH if it is in a pool already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back