Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold Distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novo1

Technical User
Jan 19, 2009
US
To start with we have a dual S8720 system running CM 3.1.3.
We purchased this system about a year and a half ago (we were a Nortel shop) and from the start the music on hold has sounded like crap. The guys that installed it couldn't clear it up either. I've heard it from the boss ever since. I've finally got time to tackle this and for the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong.

We have music piped in from the local cable company and we hooked up speakers directly and it sounds just fine. We have it punched down to a TN763D Aux Trunk port on the system. It's distorted and fades in and out and at times it is just noise. I tried three different ports.

Today I experimented with using our VAL boards. I took a piece of music and got it set to the correct wav settings and uploaded it to the VAL board. I listen to it and it sounds the same as the cable music.

I know it is not the phone I'm using to listen to it because when I dial in from the outside and get put on hold it is horrible.

Where do I turn now? Could some other piece of hardware be bad? Any tips or other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back