Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MultiVoip to IP office

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigaG

Technical User
Aug 28, 2007
US
I have a question that i thought IP office folks might know since I know many people who sell and install Avaya products also install Multitech equipment. I am trying to simulate a MultiVoip gateway (MP410) to IP406 enviornment and I am able to communicate between the 406 and the MP410 fine by extension in either direction and I can use the MP410 to call over the PRI connected to the IP office using a 9 then the number in the phone book. However, the customer would like to be able to dial an "8" and then the number and access local analog trunks on the MP410 gateway incase of a failure either from the VPN connection to the PRI or the PRI goes down. The reason I am able to get the 9 to work is because the IP office requires the 9. Does anyone know of a way that i can either get the MP410 to use a wild card to access the local trunks or a way that I can maybe send it to the IP office and Loop it back somehow cutting off the 8?? Basicall the issue is that I cannot use the 8 as a wild card and remove it on the outgoing call on the MP410....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MCP ACA-I CTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back