Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multivoip 130 FXS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi All.

Quick question, that hopefully someone has an answer to.

I have a multivoip 130 FXS unit, and I am trying to get it to allow a fax to send and receive.

In my IP Office, I have created an extension 249, as an H323 extension. I have an IP route pointing to the address assigned to the multivoip unit, and am able to ping from the multivoip unit to the switch between the unit and the ip office, and the IP Office itself... and back.

However, I cannot dial from the analog phone which I have attached to the unit to any of the other extensions I have connected. Some are digital, some are sip, and I even have an old Nortel phone.

Anyone have an idea of what I am missing? I have gone through a number of threads here and people say they got it working... but don't say how.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

One final thing I forgot to add is when I view the call is System Status Administration, I see the call go, after 2 rings directly to voicemail.

Regards

Hi All.

Got is 98% working. I can call from / to the multivoip 130 fxs unit, with a phone attached and everything is ok. I can call analog phones, h323 phones, sip phones on the system, and can call externally (over a line attached to the ip office).

I have verified that I have a two way voice path by speaking with a person.

However, when I call a fax machine, I can hear the fax machine attempt to answer (the one attached to the multivoip unit) but all transmission attempts fail.

I have adjusted the levels and speeds, but can't seem to get the fax machine to answer.

Any ideas? I am beginning to think that it has something to do with the fax machine.

Regards

On the H.323 Extension, what is the codec you are using, should be G.729

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Hi there, smokinjoe...

As per the Avaya procedure, I am using a SIP connection.

The codec I am using in both the IP Office and the Multivoip is G711@64k. Maybe I will try the 729 on both.

I have not yet tried with a H323 setup... but I can try it when I return to work.

Regards

Hi All.

Update.

I've got my SIP connection 99% working.

With a computer fax, I can receive faxes no problem; however to a "real" fax machine it does not go. It tries to connect and then gives up.

I have tried to configure the Multivoip 130 FXS with a H323 line, but it just refuses to go.

Does anyone have a working configuration I can look at?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back