Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#MULTIVALUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWD

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
GB
Good afternoon, I've been searching all morning to no effect. We need to identify patients who are admitted to hospital from a Care/Residential home. We have a workbook that lists all the care homes in our area; name; address1 etc. & postcode. I have used this as a source for a second query in the report. We want to match these up to any patient and have to use the postcode as there may well be discrepancies between the spelling of the actual home's name and how it is recorded, but the postcode is always just that.

To this end I have created a Detail Variable that uses the postcode merged dimension:
Care Home Current Inpatients
=If ([Current Inpatients].[Postcode]= [Care Homes].[Postcode]) Then [Care Home Name]

It just so happens that there is more than one Care Home in certain postcodes, so I don't have a 1-to-1 relationship and get "#MULTIVALUE". I've tried:
MAX - this shows me the last Care Home relevant to records within that particular block
MIN - this shows me the first Care Home relevant to records within that particular block

B = [Care Home Current Inpatients] ForEach([Current Inpatients].[MRN- Organization]) - this still shows #Multivalue

Object 1 = [Care Home Name]+" , "+Previous(Self) - this just adds commas to each row, increasing by 1 each time

Object 2 =[Object 1] Where ([Care Home Name]=[Maximum]) - this just displays #CONTEXT next to all the commas

I'm stumped :(

If anyone can crack this I'd be extremely grateful!

Many thanks,
D€$

Status
Not open for further replies.