Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MultiUser Lockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdavis1

Programmer
Aug 14, 2000
US
ok..here's the deal.
i have a database (compcomp) that contains all my forms, queries, macros,reports for 4 databases<.<.<these database tables are linked to this database (compcomp).
Every thing works fine. (thanx to a little help from friends:-X) UNTIL you access a certain database...<xref>
when ever someone accesses this database, it locks up...keep getting error messages 1> &quot;can't save, locked by&quot;
2>out of memory.
the only way you can do anything further is to wait for the other person to exit, or <ctrl><alt><delete>.
i have my settings as follows:
>>no locks.
>>dynaset.

HELP...............
thanks a bunch in advance.
monica
X-)

Hi Monica,
it might be worth checking the user permissions on that database. If you go into Tools, Security, User and Group Permissions... For each user and group check their permission for the database object (select database from right at the top of the dropdown list) has open exclusive ticked. If it is untick it. This setting is a per database setting.
The other place to try is in Tools, options, on the advanced tab make sure default open mode is set to shared. You'll need to check this setting on each computer.
Exclusive access means that only that user can open the database.
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back