Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiuser form editing (w/o record locking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbakelaar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2004
US
i have my database on a network server, and all 3 users are directly accessing it in shared mode w/record-locking turned OFF.

i have the main form set so that when a change is made, the form is closed and reloaded. however, if multiple users have the database open, any changes made, for example, by user 1 do not show on user 2's screen until they fully close and re-open the database.

is there any way i can push the changes permanently to the table being modified, so that when the form reloads it reflects the changes made by any user, not just the one who has it open?

You have to requery the forms whenever you want to see the changes made by everybody, including deletions and additions.

Simple Edits can be just Refreshed.

But you have to set Locking to Edited record. Otherwise you'll be in trouble in a multiuser environment...

HTH

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

when a form is closed and then re-opened, it doesnt requery the table that it is linked to? is there a command to refresh the form? i'll take a look in the help files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back