Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multitech VOIP gateways ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pluigi

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
IT
Is anybody using multitech multivoip gateways with avaya ipo ? I'm interested in using MVP210

Thanks
pluigi

Yes. MVP210 is fairly universal - have used with a variety of systems.
Mike

Could you please let me have some example on how to use it with ipo ? I need to use port one as extension 278 and port 2 as extension 279.

Do i need a end point license ?

Regards.
pluigi

You'll need two analog station ports on IP Office. Connect to FXO ports of MultiVoip. On far end connect FXS port to analog telephone or to trunk position of key system or PBX. No end point license required if you have two MultiVoips. You can skip the MultiVoip on the IP Office end and use 3rd party endpoint license - not quite as striaght-forward, but lower cost.
Mike

I have set one up via an IP Trunk directly without a license which I beleive is for setting up IP extensions. I do not have one setup at the moment but I know I had to play a lot with the configuration. I setup some Ericsson gateways too, which I had to do two trunks, one for each direction since one way worked with fast start but the other did not. The only downside is passing caller ID and some of those types of issues that having two and setting up extensions would probably be better.

Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back