Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiselect list box on tabbed form page??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine

Technical User
Feb 4, 2001
US
Ok say you design a form with three tabbed pages. Each record in the database has information on these three tabbed pages. I need to put a multiselect list box on one of these pages. When I try to do this using the list box button and changing the setting from none to simple, I get a list box that selects multiple items but shows those selections for every record. How do I make the multiselect list box on a tabbed page form relate only to that record so that when I go to the next record I can select new items for that record only. Is there anyone that can make sense of what I just wrote? If so, do you know the answer?

If I understand your question, you want to use a multi-select listbox to allow the user to select several attributes for a single field?

There is a knowledgebase article documenting how to do this:

However, this is not best practise, because it severely limits search ability & breaches normalisation rules...

James Goodman MCP

Not necessarily saved in the same field because I will want to query on this information but just saved (somewhere) and not carried into the next record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back