Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiplexing question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMisio

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
BE
Hi There,

Just a quick one. Is it possible to re run a child backup job within a parent multiplexing job without having to run the whole parent job? For example: I have a multiplexing job with 6 source servers. The job run and finishes with one of the six servers failed. When I right click on the child (failed) job the run option is grayed out.

I know it is possible with disk staging, but not sure about the multiplexing.

Any advice appreciated.

Michael

Good morning,

On the schedule tab, put a check in the box Retry Missed Targets. This will schedule a makeup job with all the same attributes as the original job. But the only thing in the makeup job will be whatever doesn't backup on the first try. If you want to submit it on hold so you can fix any problems first, go into server admin, admin, configeration, job engine tab, put a check by Submit makeup jobs on HOLD. After you fix the problem, just release the job and it will append to the end of the tape if you haven't removed it. Good luck.

BETuser,

You are the man.

Thanks for that.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back