Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiples showing when doing a count

Status
Not open for further replies.

leedy33

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Im using crystal 8.5 and what im trying to do is have a report that i can simply enter into and it will show me how many of each "Test\Method" were ran during a certain period of time. So i connected to my "Method" Field and i did a simple count on the Method.
So by setting up a range parameter i can easily pick a date range and the methods that were used during that time will show up, as will the number of how many for each method (count). The problem that im having is that for some reason i'm getting duplicates of each method and count. I have already suppressed the Dups but still some dups are present. Any suggestions would be helpful, i can also help clear up anything if need. Thanks

Have you tried Distinct Count for Method? If that doesn't do the trick, try grouping.

Note that Crystal works by assembling all linked records into a 'row', which is also the detail line. If an account is linked to 10 transactions, the account is present in 10 'rows'.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back