Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiples databases in 1 workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tainguyen

Technical User
Oct 17, 2002
US
hi everyone,
I have 3 separated databases that are using the same workgroup on the network. My problem is that the first 2 databases I've created with no problem at all; with all permissions apply for each different users on each database. however, when i create the third database i can not restrict any permission or access right at all. I even try to give them NO PERMISSION to any table, form..etc to the third database but users can still be able to logon and use this database as long as they have correct user name and password.

this is so weird. I was wondering any one has similar problem? any one know is there a limit number of databases for access on one workgroup?

I would appreciate anyone gives me some advice
thanks

There is no limitation to the # of databases you can associate with one workgroup.

What you need to make sure is that:

1. The owner of the new database is NOT Admin,

2. Both the Users group and the Admin user have NO RIGHTS AT ALL.

With these two assured, your users shouldn't be able to sneak into your secured databases.

Pete

--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

thanks a lot. I got it work the way i want it to. basically, when i create a new database, by default a full permission is assigned to the group "users". even though i only give permission for each user under the user level not group level, but the default user group override it. all i have to do is to remove all permission have been assiged to the group. anyway thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back