Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple WiNG Zebra Access Points with possible issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Hello all,
We had a roaming wifi setup previously and replaced it with this WiNG Zebra setup. We have 9 APs in play spanning 2 warehouses. There was a site survey completed before the old system was set up so we knew where about to install all of the APs. I installed the new system and replaced the APs with the new ones about 6 months ago. My main question is, how should the channeling be done? Should they all be on separate channels? Should they all be on the same channel? Should they all be on channels 1,7, and 11 but kind of alternate them?

The reason I am asking is that we seem to have random connectivity issues with certain handheld devices. There seems to be one spot in particular where a couple of the handhelds will lose connectivity for a minute but other handhelds work fine. The "temporary dead spot" has two APs very close to it and both signals would overlap at that spot. Not sure if we are dealing with a Roaming issue, a channel issue, a noise issue, or what exactly. Here is a map of our layout. The "Server Closet" AP is the main AP that all the others report to.

Thoughts? Ideas? Questions? Did I post this in the wrong section?
Thanks all.
Map_hw7jdk.png

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

To answer my own question, it seemed to be an overlap issue as I removed three of the APs and everything has been running smoothly.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back