Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Win 7 Remote Desktop Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictman

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2008
GB
I am hoping to provide multiple concurrent remote desktop connections to my office LAN. I understand that I can associate different connections by using additional ports eg. 3390, 3391 by enabling these ports and appending the computer name with :3391 etc. I have had a look at the registry changes needed but can't see how I can enable multiple listening ports, rather, just change the default. Is it possible to do what I'm trying and if so, any advice?

Thanks for reading this.

If you're trying to enable multiple RDP connections to a single machine, that single machine needs to be a Windows Terminal Server.

If you're trying to enable multiple RDP connections to multiple machines (1 connection per machine), then you need to configure each machine to listen on a different port and configure your router to forward those ports to the appropriate machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back