Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple / variable images on the summary band

Status
Not open for further replies.

SABA1234

Programmer
Jul 9, 2003
US
I use VFP8 on XP.

I have a requirement where I have to create reports with ability to print/preview a set of images on the summary band.
The images and the number of images are different for each report. (Like the one you might have seen on the bank statements where they put check images on the last page).
I dont see any straight forward way in VFP to do this.
Any suggestions?

sp

How many images (roughly), and how variable?

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Atleast 16 to 24 images of size 2 inches by 3 inches.
All are in jpg format.
Each report will have different number of images and different set of images.

sp

Basically, have the report print a fixed number of images (the max) from fixed places (e.g. c:\image1, c:\image2, etc.). Before running the report move the appropriate images into these fixed slots. Use the Print When feature to inhibit the printing of slots that don't apply.

Jim

In the situation I have, the report has to print a certain number of pages of data initially (thro' its detail band) and followed by a series of images (thro' the summary band). The total number of images may easily exceed one full page. If I am to put those images in the summary band (I can use the 'Print when' to select the appropriate images), how does the FRX going to handle if it has 16 images to print in the summary band (8 images per page maximum)?
The whole idea is to follow the concepts they are using in printing bank statements with check images after the data pages.

sp

As I see it, you need to be able to resize the summary band when less than all of the pictures are shown. VFP 7 will not allow you to do this (the remove line if blank check box is disabled.) I don't know if VFP 8 will work for you.

FoxPro's report writer is quite limited. Try creating an HTML file and print that file as your report. This would give you the formatting you need and would allow you to resize the image page at will.

If all your images are the same size you do what we do in one of aour apps.

The final pages print out a number (between 0 and 10) of images. The I use a pre-defined report which is spaced to allow 3 images to be printed. The same report is called the relevant number of times to display all of the required pictures. I use blank pictures to fill in the gaps, this prevents any possible spacing glitches.

Hope this helps

Keith

In the situation I have, the report has to be previewed with the data pages and the summary image page/s. And then the user is given the choice to print the report.

If I use more than one report, (one for data pages and one for the images), in a single preview, it may not be possible to go back and forth from page one to the last.

I can make a label template for previewing and printing variable number of images but it is not the images alone.
All images have to follow the data pages (thru' detail band). Summary band, for an example, has a limitation in terms of the number of images. If the number of images exceeds what summary band can hold, summary band is not going act like detail band making new pages.

sp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back