Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple values from Validation Table in report detail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkaboy

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
US

In the most basic form, I'm trying to add two separate validation sets (the English label related to the actual numeric value) to the same detail line in my report. I can add the first reference to a valset no problem (regardless of which one) but when I try to add a second set from the VSE table, the second val set field is blank.

Tried several join options with no success, and wondering if it is a join issue, a timing issue with trying to hit the same table twice, or something else?

Is the validation set consistent enough to use, or are you creating your own labels in a formula?

Seems like it should be so simple...

This is a little hard to tell because we don't know how your tables are linked, but if you are trying to look up descriptions for more than one field, you need to add the lookup table a second time, linked from the code field from the original table to the code table in the lookup table in each case.

-LB

Will do. Joins are not working, so I'll try adding the second lookup table. Manually created labels to get the project done this morning....

Thanks for your response, hopefully this method will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back