Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple users

Status
Not open for further replies.

msperfect

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US
We have a Novell Server and some of our users have XP. We now are able to have any user log onto the non-XP machines and have access to whatever they have rights to with their Novell login. Is there a way to do this with the XP machines without creating a profile for each user that might ever log onto that machine? I have not found a way to do away with the Windows XP login.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

There is a way to do it. You can have them logon to the novell side with the client and every user use the same local profile. Each user logon on as Administrator to the local workstation. That does leave them with rights to control that pc. If that is ok then any user logging onto the 2000 or the XP machine can have the same profile. Or you could setup a generic account on the Local pc and when they logon through the novell client with there user name just make it then logon to the local workstation with that generic profile name. I just went through this at my work. We just switched everything to microsoft and domains. Users are not used to being tied to one PC. When they switch now we do have to copy profiles. Hope this helps.

BW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back