Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Users to connect to XP via remote desktop connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakenjod

MIS
Jun 30, 2003
US
Hi...I have a problem that I am hoping can be easily fixed...I'm just not sure what my options are.
We are in a terminal server environment...our Client Services reps use a cad program called Artios Cad to print out specs, etc...we are not able to run this program on the Terminal servers because of the extensive database involved. I have a Windows XP system set up so that they can connect to it via RDC and run the ArtiosCad program from the XP machine but the problem I am having is that only one user can log in at a time...at a minimum I need to allow 3 people to be connected at a time...anyone have any thoughts or ideas? And when 'user 1' logs in and logs out, 'user 2' is still not able to get logged in because it says 'user 1' is still connected?? Please help...thank you!!!

With regards to user 1 staying logged in when they log out, make sure they click start -> Log out, Instead of closing RDC or clicking disconnect.

See if these help?

Concurrent Remote Desktop Sessions in Windows XP SP2

How a Remote Desktop Connection Affects Windows XP Professional

Multiple Remote Desktop connections - second user kicks off first user
thread779-1041411

RDP, Console Sessions, Windows 2003 Server, And You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back