Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Users Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnp102

Technical User
Mar 22, 2004
US
Look for some help to see if this can even be done becuase I have exhausted all possiblities that I know of. I have a database with a linked excel doc in it. I have a form with a subform that accesses that linked excel doc. Everything works exactly how it is supposed to but.....I have multiple users needing to access the form (and of course the subform) at the same time. This apparently can not happen, the second person that accesses that form while someone else is in it gets an error. I am assuming that this happens because the excel doc that holds the info can not be accessed by multi users at the same time. Does anyone have a fix, workaround, code.....anything that can make this happen.

Thanks
jnp102

Workaround: Make a temp table. Daily (or weekly) import the Excel spreadsheet into the temp table. Have your users and the form access the temp table.

If they have to do edits, then you may consider moving the information to an Access table, and then export the information to the spreadsheet when it's needed in that format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back