Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple users publishing IWR reports at same time (Series 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyBoop

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
US
Any one know (or have tested) effects of multiple people publishing reports at the same time?

We were told our datastore was corrupt. We have restored our datastore multiple times. One of the 'suggestions' as to why our datastore keeps becoming corrupt, is the possibility of multiple users (most likely 2 or 3 users) publishing reports at the same time. This doesn't sound logical to me, but I'm not finding any information about this.

Any insight would be appreciated.

~BeckyBoop

IWR has been 'funny' that way in the past, and sounds like it still is. I have had experience with 6.0 and it was a known fact that if anyone was publishing, we would call the other administrators and let them know so they would log off the system completely before the administrator publishing would do their thing. We had a couple of corrupted files and that stopped happening after we started practicing the "request other admins to log off" process before publishing. Never had a corrupt file after that. [auto] CP

Thanks. We experienced the same problems with 6. I was hoping that 7 would allow multiple publishers. It's only a remote chance that more than 1 is publishing at the same time to the Test environment and never more than 1 on our Prod. I was trying to develop a list of what is known to cause the corruption.

Thanks again CP

~Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back