Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Users logged into 1 pc with Touch screen capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdminRAZO

Technical User
May 5, 2010
US
So I have been trying to find a solution for a convention center show booth. I need to some how use 1 pc per kiosk (5 kiosk total) to run 3 touch screen monitors at the same time demoing our product. I have tried a few different NComputing desktop kits but since they are terminaled in to the primary pc, the touch screen monitors do not work.

I have been thinking of using something like Microsoft Virtual PC or even VMware to try to accomplish this, but I dont think mulitiple users can be "logged" in demoing the product simultaneosly since the different OS's are opened in different windows and not seperate processes.

I am limited to running Windows Vista 32-bit or Windows 7 32-bit on the machine since the touch screen monitors only support these OS's. Other than that I have no other limits. Touch screen model: Acer T230H

Any suggestions would really be appreciated!

Give Virtual PC a try - and login to each session with a different user ID, drag the first two sessions to designated monitors, and see what happens....
Perhaps to have the touch screens respond only to the virtual sessions, have the host PC running the 64 bit OS, and the virtual sessions running the 32 bit version the monitors support.
Let us know how it goes!

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back