Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple User Logon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsotb

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2003
US
When you have Multiple users in XP you get this nice screen with the users name, a picture and if that user has email. Does anyone know what drive the email status on this screen. It seems that after you have read all your email it take a long time before that counter is set to 0.

Thanks

As far as I know its an MSM messanger or windows messanger based system.
The reason it may not change is that the users it references must be connected to the interned to update the status of the mail.(as far as I know)

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

That would make sense , but there not using MSM Messenger or Windows Messenger. They are using Outlook for there mail and that only gets updated when you either open Outlook or click on the send/receive button.

See , another mystery of the universe.

Okay, well thats totally blew my theory out of the water...
I'll keep an eye on this post as I look forward to a definitive answer.

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

Thanks , that puts the mystery to death.. Now to figure out why it takes so long to refresh the status of the emails is another story , but hey at least I know where its at.

Thanks everyone...

If you are using Fast User Switching to flip between users, the delay you mention is "normal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back