Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple USB Modems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajax123

Vendor
Jun 30, 2005
NO
Hi,

Does anyone here know of a 56k USB modem that would work in a multi-modem configuration?

We are currently using multiport serial boards for our dial-out solutions, but are very interested in finding a USB modem that would work well in a modem pool configuration, giving us the possibility to get rid of the multiport board.

I do not know if there are any limitations within the USB protocol that would disallow such a configuration, but I guess it would be more of a driver issue to get this working?

Arne-J.

Technically this may be possible, I'm not sure. But from my extensive history with modems, DON'T DO IT! Serial modems are still the way to go. May cost a little bit more, but its worth it.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back