Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Sybase Connections Ignored on CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramerd1506

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
US
Software:
Business Objects XI R2 Enterprise Server (Windows XP)
Crystal Reports XI R2 (Windows XP)

I have a report which connects to two different Sybase databases on the same physical server and same Sybase installation instance using native connections. On the desktop, Crystal reports forces the datasource name to be the name of the Sybase instance and then you can specify which database you want to connect to, but you cannot change the datasource name. In the end, you have two datasources in the report which look identical, but in the properties for each one you can see that they point to different databases within the Sybase instance, which is what I want. Everything works fine on the desktop.

When this report is saved to the Enterprise server and then you log into the CMC, navigate to the report, click on the 'Process' tab and the 'Database' subtab, only one of the datasources is listed is the datasources box. I need to see them both listed so I can enter the password for each one. The report fails when run from the server with an error indicating missing database credentials.

Why are both datasources not listed? What is a suggested workaround? I want to avoid using ODBC due to server maintenance. I can't seem to get an ADO connection for Sybase working.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back