Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple SubReports

Status
Not open for further replies.

willcas

Programmer
Jun 29, 2000
GB
Dear All as a complete newbie to crystal reports 6 in VB6 can you please help.<br><br>I need to have 4 subreports of completely unrelated data on a single report (bloody management).<br><br>I use data definition files to design the data expected by my reports as the user can choose different backends (Access, SQL7, or Oracle8i) at runtime. <br><br>What I have done for my other reports is to create a recordset in the CRViewer form and then set that as the Report datasource and this has worked fine. <br><br>So the questions&nbsp;&nbsp;are (at last) do I have to <br><br>(1)create different ddfs for each subreport and have one &quot;master&quot; recordset for all data for the report.&nbsp;&nbsp;OR<br>(2) Create different ddfs and different recordsets for each one. If so where is the best place to put the recordset on the CRViewer form or the Designer.<br><br>If anyone can help I'll be much obliged<br>many thanks<br>Will<br><br>

Here's what I know<br><br>Create each subreport as a standalone report.<br><br>In the main report, insert the first subreport as into the report footer area.&nbsp;&nbsp;Create a new report footer area for the next subreport by right-clicking to the left of the subreport area and choosing &quot;insert new section below&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;Repeat this for the remainder of the reports.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope this is of some use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back