Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Subreport printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthworm

Programmer
Mar 5, 2003
US
OK, This is a really odd problem, and I don't know if anyone else can replicate it or not, but here goes.

I have a master Report, on it I have 8 unbound subreports all have CanGrow set to True, On Open of main Report it binds the correct number of subreports based on selections. This works great.

The problem is that one of the subreports takes multiple pages (3) and the subreport after it, gets interspersed at the bottom of all three pages, instead of after it.

Other information that might help.

-None of the subreports overlap
-I can make the report look correct by swapping the order of the 2 subreports (Except my Financial lady won't tke them out of order)
-It does not matter which subreports format first, the output still comes out wrong.
-All of the subreports are very dynamic (All controls are unbound, until format for preview)
-All Subreports are copies of 1 report (Thus they all use the same names, and duplicate code, just different record sources.)

I will provide any more information neccissary.

Thanks for the help.

Earthworm.

Try inserting a Page Break in your main report after the "three-page" subreport. This should start the next subreport on a new page....

Hoc nomen meum verum non est.

Page Break comment,

1. The Subreports are unbound due to them changing there location. i.e. If Option 1, 2 and 5 are checked Data for option 1 shows in Subreport1, Data for 2 shows in Sub 2, and Data for 5 shows in Sub 3, so the location of the three page report may move. So putting the Page break on the main, between 3 and 4, may put it in the wrong location. (Also for testing I did it anyway, and yes it did fix the problem but added 2 blank pages between sections instead of just starting a new page.

2. Due to the problems listed in 1, I added the page break to the offending subreport's report Fotter. But access completely ignored it here.

I actually solved the problem last night. It turns out that MS Access doesn't compute font sizes below 8 correctly. I was using a 6 point font and Access wasn't giving the subreport the correct lengths. After raising the Font size the problem went away. I tested this multiple times, and found that anything below 8 caused this sort of a problem. Thanks you for the help though.

I'm reading your post and thinking that it is kind of similar to what I want to do - maybe you can help?!?

I have a report that has X number of subreports depending on a value in a table. In other words this report may have 4 subreports or 14 (and anywhere in between) within it.

Is there any way (and how) to dynamically and programmically create the subreports at runtime?

Thanks in advance.

All of the reports I have done have already had the subreports created, and I just made them visible or not, so I haven't actually played with creating them on the fly. On the other hand I know that you can use the same subreport multiple times within the same report even at different levels, so i would think that what you propose would be feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back