Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Subreport Calculated Field Population -- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkOne72

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
US
Hello all....

I have a report which has 5 subreports inside of the report. The problem is that they all work but I have to click in each field of each subreport to show the data. Is there a onload or on current event I can use to make it so when I launch the main reprot all subreports populate the data it is supposed to? All the subreports run seperate queries to pull the data for each.

Thank you in advance...

An update ... I have gotten them to work but it takes about a minute to populate all the fields; is this normal?

It does sound like some possible performance issues. Table design, indexing, number of records, number of tables involved, query design, use of combo/listboxes and a host of other factors may be at issue.

Not having specific info, I suggest

1. opening each report/subreport separately to see if you can localize the problem.
2. open each report/subreport recordsource to see if you can localize the problem.
3. do some searches (on this forum or google) for Access database performance.
4. do a similar search for a Timer function your can insert into the report's module to give you an accurate benchmark of the time involved. This will give you specific, quantitative feedback as you make modifications to improve performance.

Cheers,
formertexan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back