Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple submit buttons from xml

Status
Not open for further replies.

samfitz

Programmer
Jan 16, 2009
US
howdy gang,
i'm a total noob coming to the forum a little exasperated. i've taken on a half baked project and am 99.9% done! the final step is correcting a multiple submit button error. i believe it's a javascript problem, but am posting this in the php forum as well to make sure.

background:
this is a hotel booking system pulling from the ihs xml database. if you would like to see the site in action go to:
(i've included a sample hotel, but feel free to search others if you prefer)

if you run a booking (choose dates, click 'get rates' and then 'book it' on the following page you will see where the error is occurring. it seems that the 'book it' submit button always passes the last rate listed on the page.

you may also notice that there is a js alert when 'book it' is clicked. this is the only proof i have for myself that the correct info is being posted, but as you can see, it isn't.

i've been so buried in this and i think i've just lost the ability to think about it clearly. any help would be much appreciated. rather than dumping tons of code on here, have a look at the live stuff and please tell me what you would like to see. i'll post it.

Thanks in advance!
sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back