Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple stage cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FellHammer

Programmer
Dec 1, 2000
US
I am trying to create a cursor that has multiple stages, I already know how to make a custom cursor, but what I need is for a cursor that will look one way when over the center of the stage, a second way when over the right side and one more when over the left. For ex. a straight forward arrow over center, a hooking right arrow over right, and a hooking left arrow over left. I have tried different things, but none of them seem to work. I think my lacking is in how to tell the movie clip from the main timeline to change frames when &quot;_xmouse <= #&quot; or something like that. Or maybe there is a better way to go about it. Any help would be appreciated.

A hitTest between mouse and 3 movie clips dividing the stage in 3 sections? What does your background look like?

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

my background (or multiple backgrounds) are pictures of various stages of walking through a house (if that makes sense) I would like the three stages of the cursour so that you can tell where the invisible buttons are that turn you or move you forward through out the house. Have you ever played those fisrt person puzzle games, i.e. Shivers, Neverhood... thats what I am going for.

Thanks for any help,
Collin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back