Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple SSL on same IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2005
US
I have a web server that runs multiple web sites using host headers. Of those sites, I have 2 sites that require SSL certs. I am using different ports for this. When requesting site it is set to redirect to a second site on the server which is configures with a SSL cert for that site name and the browser never sees the redirect and this works fine. It is using port 443 If you directly request , it goes there without a problem.

The second site was setup the same… 2 sites on the server with redirect. When requesting it will automatically direct you to :1443/. The problem is when you directly request the site securely (type in the address bar) you are directed to with that sites SSL certificate and their site content! Client xyz doesn’t want their customers seeing abc’s content. Help! What have I done wrong?

What if you just use add a second IP address to your network card?

I think I wrote this wrong. The URLs are and and and So I can't add an additional IP to the NIC card because all requests come to xxx.groups.org. We use host headers to recognize if the request is for abc.group.org or xxx.group.org. All websites on this server are coming to the domain name of whatever.group.org.

So how do I get people who request to go there instead of the default port which is for

There will be other clients who in the future would like to have their site configured with SSL. They will be so I need to find out what is making xyz.groups go to abc.groups.org

Thank you very much for your help!

I'd have to play around with it see if anything else springs to mind... unfortunatly I don't have access to an IIS box right now... I'll check when I get home tonight.

Hi ladyoclass1,

I have same problem like yours, got some websites:
domain1.com
domain2.com

I installed SSL on website If I type works fine.
If I type should be OK, although promp security for different site name

Problem is, if I type or it prompt security message and display content.

Do you have solution so far or any body can help?

Thank you very much,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back