Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple sound channels on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtec

MIS
Jan 13, 2000
AU
I have been asked to recommend a solution to the following.<br>
<br>
A standard PC with the additional ability to record to wav files via 6 incoming baseband audio channels + 6 ouput sound ports for retrieving and editing the recorded wav files + two test ports that will allow an on-board IEEE4888 I/F to generate a test signal that can be looped through the system + 6 incomong still picture channels for recording still pictures form a camera. Plus a 4 port serial card and 10BaseT card.<br>
<br>
My first thought was to use multiple stereo sound cards but the Interupt/DMA problems came up.<br>
<br>
My second thought is to use a music industry type I/F via a DA/AD device. I have little knowledge in this filed and would welcome pointers from the wide out there.<br>
<br>
My third thought was to use multiple PC's and network them as one system.<br>
<br>
Anyone out there successfuly achieved this sort of thing? If so I would welcome your advice.

You're best bet is the second solution - use<br>
a good quality sound card connected to an<br>
external device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back