Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple SMSCCMBootAcct& on profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticklz

MIS
Mar 30, 2000
GB
There's what looks like a million profiles on the SMSCCMBootAcct000 to SMSCCMBootAcct<a million>. What is the workaround to make the old profile delete itself as it is supposed for when next it logs on again.

Thanks in advance.

I've run across this problem in the past. Your best bet is to remove the SMS Client from the machine(s) that exhibits this behavior, delete all the extraneous profiles manually, and then reinstall the SMS Client.

We are rearanging our flat network in to multiple vlans and some of the clients have experienced this problem. Apparently when the client can't contact the server it begins generating the additional profiles. Here is a link to an ntbugtraq archive of the problem.

I'm still looking in to the problem as several of our users lost their profiles yesterday, as the network changes appear to have triggered it. I believe the problem clients are nt4sp5 that still have the sms2sp2 client. My site server is sms2sp3 and I'm in the progress of updating all of my clients to sms2sp3 and hoping that it fixes the problem. I'll update with any solution I discover.

Any other info/help is appreciated.

As an update, the new network config was the problem. SMS had detected the new subnets from the vlan's but the aren't enabled for the boundaries/discovery so the clients lost contact. SMS2sp3 seems to have helped the problem. However the leson here is!!

BEFORE!! you make network changes, add any new subnets to the site boundaries & enable discovery for them!

Mike C.

Back to the original question .... I wrote a Wise script to clear out the old profiles ... less painful than deleting clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back