Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple sites on one Exchange server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudeman

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2001
US
My Exchange 5.5 server has been used for my current domain for a while. I have now added another domain name that points to this site. If I want to send and receive email under the new domain name as well as the old, can I just add a site to my Exchange box and create new users under it? I'm guessing that one server=one domain=one site, but I hope I can service the new domain on the same box, without creating a new Exchange server. Help?

Steve

One possible solution is that u install the exhchange server on the new domain. During installtion setup asks u about the (1) join as existing site (2) create new site. In your case u click on option no 1. In this way u will connect with u our exsiting site and send/recieve emails within the one site. Kindly inform me about the result

asadrauf@sbp.org.pk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back