Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Sessions of Outlook Open but not a visible one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krash878

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
I had a user tell me that she could not open her Outlook 2000 today. I started looking around and could not get it to open either. I then looked at Task Manager and noticed that there was about 20 instances of Outlook open. I tried rebooting but it did not have any effect on the instances of Outlook. I started to clsoe the instances and when I got to about 4 left they started to cascade on the screen. The Outlook GUI was not visible till I only had about 4 left. I closed all of them and re-launched Outlook and so far everthing seems ok.

Anyone know what may have caused this and how I can avoid it in the future?

Thanks

Krash

Had same problem on another computer. It started just after I loaded software for microsoft wireless base station MN-500. After installing patch from MS the problem stopped. The patch is available on their site. Good luck Dan1mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back