Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Servers - Replicating Web Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardParry

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2002
GB
Hi,

We are looking to deploy a large web application developed in ASP.NET. It has been developed to run over more than one IIS web server, using a clustered SQL Server for the Session State management, an data store etc.

My main problem is that while I have got this to run over as many servers as I want, load balanced by an F5 Big IP system, I don't know how to replicate the web content between the web servers. The web servers are just running Windows 2003 Web Edition, and at present I am manually copying files between each servers to ensure they are running the correct revision of the web application - too much room for errors though, especially as we're making changes to the application frequently.

Is there something built into Windows, or a 3rd party application that can somehow syncronise one or more folders from a central store - ensuring that all "nodes" are always running exactly the same files?

I dont want to use a central SAN or shared disk array, and dont want to use a Windows Cluster for this, due to the expense.

Any ideas and suggestions would be most appreciated!

Many Thanx, Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back