Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple server backup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I was wondering if there is a way to back all of my servers up from one server? I believe there is an agent out there that does this, but I have not been able to confirm or deny this.

I'm dealing with that too. I had ordered v8.0 (earlier)and v8.5 for two locations, to keep backup lan traffic down. It turns out the v8.0 is single server, you have to specify a multi-server license when you buy it. I've got one coming... If you can install an "add-on" to make it multi-server i'm not aware if it. I just bought a new copy....

Yes, you have to buy the enterprise one Not the single server, plus you have to buy the OFA (open file agent) so you can "get" the accelerator agent for those remote servers.

The new version of BE is not enterprise-able version to compete with Arcserve who don't offer it either.

You've to buy the "remote agent" option. I've bought the enterprise edition version 8.0 but without the remote agent, you can only backup one server. Thus, you can buy the version 8.5 with the "remote agent" option.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back