Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple selects using TRadioButton

Status
Not open for further replies.

shilpashetty27

Technical User
Apr 12, 2007
CA
Hi All,

As i understand it, it is not possible to select more than one option in a TRadioButton component. Any ideas on what I need to use to be able to select more than one option at the same time in a RadioButton component. If it's not possible to achieve this with a RadioButton, can you please suggest other alternatives?

Thanks in advance for your input!

cheers,
Shilpa

You can select multiple radio buttons as long as you don't set them up in a RadioGroup. For example, you can put some radio buttons on a panel and select (turn on or off) as many buttons as you wish.

If, however, you create a RadioGroup, then only one button can be selected at a time.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Hi 2ffat,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Actually, just placing radio buttons on the form doesn't facilitate multiple selection. BCB says that it will allow multiple selects ONLY if the buttons are placed in different containers (eg. groupboxes). Unfortunately, doing that defeats the purpose of my effort here.

I'm trying to put all the buttons on a particular place on the form, close to each other.

Any more ideas..?

cheers,
Shilpa

Hmm. I'm using BCB6 and I have no problem with putting radio buttons on a panel and selecting multiple buttons. Only when I create radio group do I stop allowing multiple buttons.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back