Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple selection & summarizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDels

Programmer
Jul 26, 2001
AU
I am writing reports to extract KPI figures from a Help Desk System.

I am looking to produce something like the following where Category Type is a service/network and each of these can be complained, enquired about. These need to be resolved so additionaly these are further broken down into issued and outstanding.

Gen Enquiry Total 19 Gen Enquiry Outstanding 7
Category Type#1 7 Category Type#1 3
Category Type#2 12 Category Type#2 4

Complaints Total 31 Complaints Outstanding 19
Category Type#1 19 Category Type#1 12
Category Type#2 12 Category Type#2 7

Problems Total 7 Problems Outstanding 5
Category Type#1 5 Category Type#1 2
Category Type#2 2 Category Type#2 1

The problem I have is thus,
The select expert, refines the record selection for hte whole report. I need to count(SELECT) different criteria for each of these figures.
ie,
1)count all General Enquiry & Category Type1 within Month
2)count all General Enquiry & Category Type1 within Month unresolved
3)count all General Enquiry & Category Type2 within Month
#)count all General Enquiries in Month (all Categories & both resolved and unresolved)

I know how to set up a report to calculate each of these, but I don't know who to create a report that does all of them. By that I mean how do I create multiple calculations all with different criteria for which records to count.

Please help,
Thanks

PS Sorry, the darn TGML code doesn't work and starting screwing up the Preview so I took them out and it still didnt' work. Sorry for formatting then.

Dear TheRealDels,

Have you tried creating and inserting subreports for each category calculation?

paulmarr@arcom.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back